Stuffed Cubanelle Peppers
6 Cubanelle peppers
3 to 4 cups fresh soft bread crumbs* Amount depends on size of peppers
freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoonful chopped fresh parsley
12 Sicilian Oil Cured Black Olives, chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
and pepper to taste
1. Cut the top off the peppers. Remove seeds
2 . In a bowl , mix all the dry ingredients. Taste
3. Slowly drizzle olive oil over the mixture until mixture is moist to feel.
3. Loosely place the bread crumbs into the
pepper cavity .Keep it loose . Do not pack.
4. Place the peppers on a baking sheet. Drizzle very slightly with more olive oil and sprinkle
5. Bake in a pre-heated 450 deg oven (use the middle rack) for about 30 minutes or until browned on about half the pepper.
.Good to eat when slightly warm.
* To make bread crumbs. Use day old bread cut into small pieces and ground in a food processor. Do
not use crust from crusty Italian bread., Don't substitute store-bought crumbs. FRESH only.