Stuffed Bell Peppers
There is another stuffed pepper recipe ( stuffed finger peppers ) that make a good appetizer.
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups cooked risotto ( Italian Herb or Parmesan Variety)
- 1 sm
- 1 egg
- Tomato Sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut tops from peppers and save. Dig out seeds and inside white material .
- Fry onions in olive oil until softened
- In a large bowl add and mix:together: beef, pork, cooked risotto , cooked onion , 1 beaten
egg , salt and pepper
4. Fill peppers with mix and stack in a 3 inch baking dish or disposable aluminum pan .
5. Cap with tops.
6. Pour tomato sauce in dish
to cover 1/2 the height of peppers.
7. Place dish in a pre-heated oven at 350 deg for 1 hour.